Top 5 Tips to Stick to your 2018 Fitness Resolution
We all understand the importance of fitness, not only for slimming done or improving the appearance of our bodies, but from a mental health perspective. When our bodies and minds are fit, we are less prone to medical conditions.
Exercise is being promoted more and more in the workplace and rightly so. Fitness reduces stress levels making employees less prone to sickness, hence their overall output for the company increases. It is a win-win for both the employer and the employee.
To help you stick to our 2018 fitness goals, we have created a few tips below:
- Start a workout diary – you need to be very specific when creating your diary as otherwise your results will vary and the likelihood of dropping out and getting bored increases. By planning your work-outs, you are now accountable to complete these. If gym membership is not an option for you, you can always workout from home
- Create a workout network – we are all familiar with the importance of networking on social media and having a digital presence. There are many apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, Nike + etc where you can create your own fitness network, and these individuals are as motivated on fitness as you are
- Don’t overdo it – at the beginning of any routine, we are inclined to get over enthusiastic which can sometimes lead to injuries resulting in us quitting our workout routines. Make sure to stretch after a work-out and remember take breaks between workouts as overdoing it will increase your chance of getting an injury
- Wear the right gear when exercising – just wearing gym gear increases our desire to exercise. When running, wear the right footwear - I cannot emphasise this enough – get your gait analysis done and buy well-fitted shoes
- Measure your results – I don’t mean stand on the scales as they can fluctuate a lot and can often act as a deterrent. Take your measurements as follows:
- Upper arm
As we start 2018, we all have our own resolutions like losing weight, getting fit, spending less, saving more, learning something new etc. If you have been thinking of changing your career or are just interested in discussing new opportunities, feel free to reach out to us. We recruit for Technology and Finance candidates within the Fintech and Financial Services industries and would love to help you where we can. Contact email@example.com or call us on 01 564 9602 now